Bride Wore Black, The (Limited Edition Region B BLU-RAY)
UK IMPORT Blu-Ray Disc Region B Locked. Will only play on ALL REGION BLU-RAY Players
Jeanne Moreau (Jules et Jim) stars as the titular bride, who after marrying her love sees him murdered on the steps outside the church. From here she enacts her ruthless revenge on the group of men responsible. Undoubtedly an influence on Quentin Tarantino's Kill Bill, François Truffaut's The Bride Wore Black was itself influenced by the director's idol, Alfred Hitchcock. Adapting celebrated crime writer Cornell Woolrich (who was also the author of the short story Hitchcock's Rear Window is based on) Truffaut's film is a deliciously entertaining tale that was one of the director's biggest hits. Alongside Moreau, the film boasts a sensational cast, including Michael Lonsdale, Jean-Claude Brialy, Charles Denner and Michel Bouquet among others, and features a score by the maestro, Bernard Herrman (Psycho).
Special Features and Technical Specs:
- High-Definition digital transfer
- Original uncompressed French mono PCM audio
- Archival interviews with François Truffaut and Jeanne Moreau (1968, 1969)
- Appreciation by filmmaker Kent Jones (Hitchcock/Truffaut) (2023)
- Barry Forshaw on Cornell Woolrich and the adaptation (2023)
- Original trailer
- Les surmenes (Jacques Doniol-Valcroze, 1957, 21 mins) - an early short written by Truffaut and starring Jean-Claude Brialy
- Optional English subtitles
- Reversible sleeve featuring designs based on original posters
- Limited edition booklet featuring new writing on the film by Emmanuel Burdeau, archival writing by Truffaut and Moreau, and a contemporary article on the film by Penelope Houston
- Limited edition of 3000 copies, presented in full-height Scanavo packaging with removable OBI strip leaving packaging free of certificates and markings
- REGION-B "LOCKED"