Cramps and the Mutants: The Napa State Tapes (BLU-RAY) Coming to Our Shelves July 2023
Shipping calculated at checkout.
On June 13, 1978, The Cramps went to play Napa State, a psychiatric hospital in the small town of Napa in Northern California. Opening for them was The Mutants, an eclectic septet of art school punks from nearby San Francisco. Also there was seminal Bay Area art collective Target Video, to capture the show using one of the first video cameras available to the public, democratizing a medium controlled by mainstream media outlets. The resulting VHS tape of the show is one of the most legendary music documents in history and a cult classic tape.
- The Mutants at Mabuhay Gardens (June 26, 1978, 22 minutes)
- The Mutants at the Oakland School for the Deaf (October 12, 1978, 26 minutes)
- The Mutants: Opposite World (2023, 29 minutes)
- The Cramps Testimonial: Jem Cohen and Ian MacKaye
- The Cramps Testimonial: Jem Cohen and Lucy Sante
- The Cramps Testimonial: Kogar the Swinging Ape
- The Cramps Testimonial: Melissa Auf der Maur
- Napa State History with Patricia Prestinary
- PMRC (Punk Music Resource Center) promo