Phenomena (Limited Edition 4K UHD) Release March 15/22
Dario Argento's classic gory murder mystery "Phenomena" now comes to the 4K UHD format in Dolby Vision from Synapse Films!
From Dario Argento, Italian master of the macabre, comes Phenomena - one of his most beautifully designed horror films - now remastered in 4K Ultra HD and Dolby Vision. The young Jennifer Corvino (played by Oscar-winning actress, Jennifer Connelly) is sent to a private Swiss academy for girls where a vicious killer is on the loose. Jennifer has the unique ability to telepathically communicate with insects and an entomologist, Dr. John McGregor (Donald Pleasence, John Carpenter's Halloween; Escape from New York), enlists her help in locating the murderer. As the mystery unfolds, they find themselves in a bizarre murder plot with maggots, mutants and razor-wielding chimpanzee mayhem! Can Jennifer uncover the killer's identity before becoming a victim herself? Phenomena features a fantastic soundtrack from progressive-rock gods Goblin, British heavy metal masters Motörhead, Iron Maiden, Andi Sex Gang, Bill Wyman and Simon Boswell. Dalila Di Lazarro (Andy Warhol's Frankenstein), Daria Nicolodi (Tenebrae), Patrick Bauchau (Clear and Present Danger) and Fiore Argento (Demons) also star in this truly unique, gory and unsettling thriller.
- New 4K restorations of all three versions of Phenomena, including the original Italian version (116 mins.), the International cut (100 mins.), and the U.S. “Creepers” cut (83 mins.)
- 4K (2160p) UHD Blu-ray™ presentations in Dolby Vision (HDR10 compatible)
- Limited edition slipcase packaging designed by artist Wes Benscoter
- Reversible sleeve artwork
- Collector’s booklet featuring liner notes from Mikel J. Koven, Rachael Nisbet and Leonard Jacobs
- Fold-out poster
- A set of lobby card reproduction artcards
- Lossless Italian DTS-HD Master Audio 5.1 and PCM 2.0 stereo soundtracks, derived from the original 4-channel Dolby Stereo elements
- Lossless “hybrid” English/Italian DTS-HD Master Audio 5.1 soundtrack
- English subtitles for the Italian soundtrack
- Optional English subtitles for the deaf and hard of hearing for the hybrid soundtrack
- Audio commentary by Troy Howarth, author of Murder by Design: The Unsane Cinema of Dario Argento (on Italian Version)
- Of Flies and Maggots, a feature-length 2017 documentary produced by Arrow Films, including interviews with co-writer/producer/director Dario Argento, actors Fiore Argento, Davide Marotta, Daria Nicolodi and others...
- U.S. theatrical trailer and radio spots for 'Creepers'
- Original Italian and international theatrical trailers
- “Jennifer” music video, directed by Dario Argento
- Japanese pressbook gallery
- Lossless English DTS-HD Master Audio 5.1 and PCM 2.0 stereo soundtracks on the international version, derived from the original 4-channel Dolby Stereo elements
- Lossless English PCM 1.0 mono soundtrack on Creepers, mastered from the original 3 track DME magnetic mix
- Optional English subtitles for the deaf and hard of hearing
- Audio commentary on the international version by Argento scholar and author Derek Botelho and film historian, journalist and radio/television commentator David Del Valle
- The Three Sarcophagi, a visual essay by Arrow producer Michael Mackenzie comparing the different cuts of Phenomena
- Rare alternate 2.0 stereo mix on the international version, featuring different sound effects and music cues
- Lossless English PCM soundtracks on Creepers, mastered from the original 3 track DME magnetic mix and presented in two variants: 1.0 mono and an alternate 2.0 mix with stereo music