Duel To The Death (BLU-RAY)
UK IMPORT - REGION B
Every ten years, a duel is held between the finest Japanese and Chinese martial artists to determine whose Swordmanship is superior. During the Ming Dynasty, as the next duel approaches, the chosen candidates are caught in the middle of a battle between Ninjas and Shaolin monks. Only a Duel to the Death will settle the countries’ conflicts and stop the bloodshed.
Known for his classic film, A Chinese Ghost Story, as well as for directing Tsui Hark’s the Swordsman saga, this debut feature from director Ching Siu-tung is filled with dazzling visuals and astonishing martial arts choreography (also by Ching Siu-tung, who would later choreograph the action sequences for Zhang Yimou’s acclaimed wuxia triptych; Hero, House of Flying Daggers, and Curse of the Golden Flower), Duel to the Death comes to Blu-Ray for the first time in the UK from a brand new 2K restoration.
- Limited Edition O-Card slipcase featuring new artwork by Darren Wheeling [2000 copies]
- 1080p presentation on Blu-ray from a new 2K restoration from the original film elements
- Original Cantonese audio
- Optional English dubbed audio
- Optional English Subtitles, newly revised for this release (including correct translations for the Japanese characters, incorrect on all previous English language releases of the film)
- Brand new feature length audio commentary by Asian film expert Frank Djeng (NY Asian Film Festival)
- An Interview with Manfred Wong – an extensive interview with the screenwriter, covering his involvement in Duel to the Death and his illustrious and varied career in the Hong Kong entertainment industry
- Duel Identity – Archival interview with actor Norman Chui Siu-keung
- Flora Cheung on Duel to the Death – Archival interview with actress Flora Cheung
- Alternate English credits
- Stills galleries including rare production stills, artwork, and ephemera
- A LIMITED EDITION collector’s booklet featuring new writing by James Oliver; and a reprint of Frank Djeng’s original liner notes from the US laserdisc release [2000 copies]