Destination Lust: Chicksville Usa! (CD)
1-CD with 16-page booklet - 33 Tracks - Total playing time approx. 79:00 min.
- Finally - the second part of the seductive first release is available, another crazy compilation of the most beautiful 'minor matter' in the world: love, sex and all its varieties!
- Rare and interesting things at a spectacularly low price as part of the 'Destination' series on Bear Family.
- Welcome to 'Chicksville U.S.A.'! We present more than 30 historical-erotic jewels, pleasurable items from the 1950s and 60s!
- What would 'Chicksville U.S.A.' be without the movie goddess Marilyn Monroe and her fellow artist Jayne Mansfield!
- There are also plenty of 'bombshells' from the music scene of the time: Pat Morrissey, Kay Martin, Dorothy Collins, Dinah Washington and two rarities from Frances Day as Gale Warning!
- Concentrated femininity creates wordless men: burlesque instrumentals by Sam 'The Man' Taylor, Barney Kessel and the Upsetters are the answer.
- Hits and rarities are combined here, many for the first time on CD!
- The richly illustrated full-color booklet contains song-by-song notes by Marc Mittelacher.
Erotic retrospect into earlier decades
Eroticism and sexuality was officially not an issue in the first decades after the war. But unofficially, behind closed doors, in dark, smoky clubs, strip joints, and under the counter, they let it all hang out. They did it just as wildly as today, but not as obviously. They preferred to sing about it rather than talk about it behind closed doors, because music seemed to be more harmless, although these recordings show the opposite.
The erotic-slippery journey towards lust continues! Erotic voices, such as those of Pat Morrissey, Cleo Laine, Mabel Scott and of course Marilyn Monroe and Jayne Mansfield, make you want more. With so much concentrated femininity the men are left without words, and Sam 'The Man' Taylor, Barney Kessel and Little Richard's accompanying band The Upsetters respond with burlesque instrumentals. Dinah Washington sings ''the thing'' to her boyfriend and Big Jay McNeely answers with 'Man Eater'.
The great listening pleasure also takes you into the rooms of sweet pain, Lincoln Chase's rare recording 'Sweet Torture' and 'Slave Chain' by The Spinners. Ruth Wallis' statement about the many varieties of sex: 'Man, It's A Jungle'! We broke our way through the jungle of lustful music, and here again we combined very rare titles with nostalgic hits. Marilyn's song 'I Want To Be Loved By You' from the movie 'Some Like It Hot' is legendary! And the rarities, some of them are here again on CD for the first time!
Among them a complete Pye single by Frances Day under the pseudonym Gale Warning, which contains a rare erotic version of Elvis Presley's 'Heartbreak Hotel'. In addition recordings of Kay Martin, Felix and His Fabulous Cats and the Spanish Senoritas of Hermanas Serrano, who sing about the legendary 'Casanova'! A wicked atmosphere is created when mambo sounds, go-go sounds and tittyshakers alternate with orchestral numbers, be it Berlingeri with his orchestra, Diane Maxwell's rare Challenge recording, or Que Martin and His Band. Another highlight is the British Peter Jay and The Jaywalkers, who not only take us back to the glory days of the Parisian Folies Bergère with their version of the French 'Can Can', but also bring this compilation to a brilliant end. The CD comes with annotations for each song and many photos and illustrations in the 16-page booklet!