Buster Keaton Rides Again / Helicopter Canada (BLU-RAY)
Two unforgettably cinematic journeys through '60s Canada! Directed by: John Spotton, Eugene Boyko.
BUSTER KEATON RIDES AGAIN - In the fall of 1964, just over a year before his death, Buster Keaton traveled to Canada to make The Railrodder, a silent short that would turn out to be one of his final films. Documenting this mobile production in fascinating and unexpected detail, Buster Keaton Rides Again offers a rare glimpse of the comedy legend's temperament, philosophies, hobbies, marriage (his third), and occasionally combative creative process. Canadian International Pictures fondly presents this intimate look at one of cinema's most enduring legends. In addition, this disc includes The Railrodder and six other shorts by director – and Buster Keaton Rides Again co-star – Gerald Potterton (The Rainbow Boys, Heavy Metal).
HELICOPTER CANADA - Made in celebration of the Canadian centennial, this Oscar-nominated documentary offers a stunning aerial exploration of the country's vast and varied landscape. Featuring impressive widescreen cinematography by director Eugene Boyko, amusingly irreverent commentary, and even a cameo by The Beatles, this enchantingly oddball time capsule brings Canadiana to new heights. In honor of the film's debt to the sprawling Cinerama travelogues of the '50s, this disc also includes a presentation of Helicopter Canada in the Smilebox format, simulating the effect of a curved screen.
Special Features and Technical Specs:
- NEW 2K RESTORATIONS FROM 35MM INTERPOSITIVES
- Alternate 2.76:1 and Smilebox presentations of Helicopter Canada
- Audio commentary with Gerald Potterton and David De Volpi on Buster Keaton Rides Again and The Railrodder
- Additional shorts:
- Hors-d'oeuvre (1960, 7 min.)
- My Financial Career (1962, 7 min.)
- Christmas Tree Decoration (1963, 5 min.)
- The Ride (1963, 7 min.)
- The Railrodder (1965, 25 min.)
- The Quiet Racket (1966, 7 min.)
- The Awful Fate of Melpomenus Jones (1983, 8 min.)
- Bonus short: Canada the Land (1970, 8 min.)
- Booklet featuring a new interview with Gerald Potterton
- Reversible cover artwork
- English SDH subtitles for all 10 films