D.A.R.Y.L. (Limited Edition Deluxe Box 4K UHD/BLU-RAY Combo)
Vinegar Syndrome Ultra is delighted to present the 4K UHD debut of Simon Wincer’s cyborg action spectacular, D.A.R.Y.L. (1985), newly and exclusively restored for this release by Vinegar Syndrome.
When Joyce and Andy Richardson are offered the chance to foster a young boy, seemingly abandoned on the side of a secluded road, they take him in, treating him as the son they never had. Although he remembers his name is Daryl, everything else about his past, his parents, and how he ended up on that secluded road remains a mystery; Daryl cannot remember a thing! On the other hand, he quickly demonstrates incredible intelligence and the uncanny ability to learn any skill shown to him on the very first try. However, when a mysterious and sinister seeming couple arrive at the Richardson's home, claiming to be Daryl’s real parents, they and their adopted son are thrust into an incredible, high stakes cover up and fight for survival as Daryl’s actual identity is revealed, and his life put into immediate jeopardy.
Arriving at the height of adult-friendly family films, which offset their kid-friendly marketing with complex and at times violent stunts along with a pervasive sense of menace and danger, director Simon Wincer's (Quigley Down Under) D.A.R.Y.L. features an all-star supporting cast including Michael McKean (This Is Spinal Tap, Coneheads), Colleen Camp (Clue, Death Game) and Josef Sommer (Dirty Harry, Close Encounters of the Third Kind). Vinegar Syndrome Ultra proudly presents the 4K UHD debut of this action and suspense packed 80s video store favorite, complete with a brand new extended making-of documentary!
directed by: Simon Wincer
starring: Michael McKean, Mary Beth Hurt, Barret Oliver, Kathryn Walker, Colleen Camp, Josef Sommer
1985 / 100 min / 2.35:1 / English 2.0 Stereo
- 2-disc Set: 4K Ultra HD / Region A Blu-ray
- 4K UHD presented in High-Dynamic-Range
- Newly scanned & restored in 4K from its 35mm original camera negative
- Brand new commentary track with director Simon Wincer
- "Rescued from the Scrapyard: The Making of D.A.R.Y.L." (55 min) - a making-of documentary from 2023 featuring interviews with director Simon Wincer, co-writer David Ambrose, co-writer Allan Scott, visual effects supervisor Michael L. Fink, co-producer Gabrielle Kelley, costume designer Shay Cunliffe, supervising editor Adrian Carr and film music historian Jeff Bond
- Promotional image gallery
- Theatrical trailer
- Video trailer
- TV spot #1
- TV spot #2
- 40-page perfect bound book with essays by Michelle Kisner and Albert Birney
- Reversible sleeve artwork
- English SDH subtitles