Dazed And Confused (DVD)
Shipping calculated at checkout.
America, 1976. The last day of school. Bongs blaze, bell-bottoms ring, and rock and roll rocks. Among the best teen films ever made, Dazed and Confused eavesdrops on a group of seniors-to-be and incoming freshmen. A launching pad for a number of future stars, the first studio effort by Richard Linklater also features endlessly quotable dialogue and a blasting, stadium-ready soundtrack. Sidestepping nostalgia, Dazed and Confused is less about “the best years of our lives” than the boredom, angst, and excitement of teenagers waiting . . . for something to happen.
DIRECTOR-APPROVED TWO-DVD SPECIAL EDITION FEATURES
- New high-definition digital transfer of the director's cut, supervised by director Richard Linklater and cinematographer Lee Daniel, with Dolby Digital and DTS 5.1 soundtracks
- Audio commentary by Linklater
- Making Dazed, a fifty-minute documentary by Kahane Corn
- Rare on-set interviews and behind-the-scenes footage
- Footage from the ten-year anniversary celebration
- Audition footage and deleted scenes
- Original theatrical trailer
- English subtitles for the deaf and hard of hearing
- A booklet featuring new essays by Kent Jones, Jim DeRogatis, and Chuck Klosterman; memories of the film from the cast and crew; character profiles; and the original film poster by Frank Kozik
Cover by Marc English