Edgar G. Ulmer Sci-Fi Collection (BLU-RAY)
This collection features three sci-fi shockers directed by the sensational Edgar G. Ulmer (The Black Cat, Detour).
THE MAN FROM PLANET X (1950) – On the coast of Scotland, where there’s enough fog to hide an alien landing, an astronomer discovers that one has actually occurred. But it’s soon realized that the creature, the “Man from Planet X,” has definite plans—not for friendship, but for domination—unleashing “out-of-this-world” havoc on the villagers!
BEYOND THE TIME BARRIER (1960) – In 1960, U.S. Air Force Major William Allison pilots the X80 jet, which is capable of speeds up to 5,000 miles an hour and reaching heights of more than 100 miles above Earth. Upon nearly reaching outer space, Allison is unaware that the X80’s tremendous velocity has propelled him through a time barrier and into the post-apocalyptic year of 2024. He soon finds himself held captive in an underground city known as the Citadel, whose inhabitants have been menaced by mutants and a deadly virus. Now Allison must find a way to return to the past and warn humanity of impending disaster.
THE AMAZING TRANSPARENT MAN (1960) – In this pulse-pounding sci-fi classic, safecracker Joey Faust is snatched out of prison and made invisible with an atomic ray gun, apparently—and transparently—for the sole purpose of stealing nuclear fuel for a villain named Krenner and his beautiful moll Laura. But when Faust realizes his radiation-generated new look is slowly poisoning him, the tables are quickly turned, and his simple heist could now become the decade’s most horrifying nuclear nightmare of vengeance!Blu-ray Extras Include:
- Brand New 2K Masters for BEYOND THE TIME BARRIER and THE AMAZING TRANSPARENT MAN | Audio Commentary for THE MAN FROM PLANET X by Film Historians Tom Weaver, David Schecter, Dr. Robert J. Kiss and Filmmaker Joe Dante
- Audio Commentary for THE MAN FOR PLANET X by Film Historian Gary D. Rhodes and Arianne Ulmer Cipes (Edgar G. Ulmer's Daughter)
- NEW Audio Commentary for THE MAN FROM PLANET X by Film Historian Richard Harland Smith
- NEW Audio Commentary for BEYOND THE TIME BARRIER by Film Historians Tom Weaver, David Schecter and Gary D. Rhodes
- NEW Audio Commentary for THE AMAZING TRANSPARENT MAN by Film Historian David Del Valle
- Theatrical Trailers for All Three Films
- Optional English Subtitles