Henry: Portrait Of A Serial Killer (4K UHD)
UK IMPORT 4K UHD is All Region. Blu-Ray Bonus Disc is Region B Locked. Will only play on ALL REGION BLU-RAY Players.
Widely heralded as one of the greatest serial killer movies of all time, Henry: Portrait of a Serial Killer presents a bleak and unflinching dive into the mind of a mass murderer.
Recently released from prison, the nomadic Henry (Michael Rooker, Guardians of the Galaxy, The Walking Dead) finds temporary abode in the rundown Chicago lodgings of a former jail acquaintance and small-time drug dealer, Otis (Tom Towles). Hiding behind his unremarkable employment as a pest exterminator, Henry leads a double life, prowling the streets by night on a brutal and apparently motiveless killing spree. As the bodies mount up, Otis finds himself inducted into Henry's dark secret world, but when Otis' sister Becky (Tracy Arnold) moves in, herself fleeing from an uncomfortable domestic situation, it quickly becomes apparent that two's company, but three's a crowd.
Based on the horrific true-life crimes of Henry Lee Lucas, the harrowing controversial debut feature from John McNaughton (Mad Dog and Glory, Wild Things) returns to the UK in its best-looking release ever, in a new 4K restoration supervised by the director himself.
Special Features and Technical Specs:
- NEW 4K RESTORATION from the original camera negatives, approved by John McNaughton
- HDR PRESENTATION OF THE FILM
- Original 2.0 stereo mix and 5.1 DTS-HD Master audio
- English subtitles for the deaf and hard of hearing
- Reversible sleeve featuring original and newly commissioned artwork by Eric Adrian Lee
DISC ONE: 4K BLU-RAY - Features & Extras
- Main feature
- Brand new audio commentary by John McNaughton & Steven A. Jones
- Two archive commentaries by John McNaughton
- Scene specific commentaries with John McNaughton and critic Nigel Floyd
- Deleted scenes and outtakes
- Original script
- Original theatrical and 30th anniversary trailers
- Image gallery
DISC TWO: BLU-RAY - Bonus Disc
- Portrait: The Making of Henry, a 50-minute behind-the-scenes documentary
- In Defense of Henry, an appreciation by Joe Swanberg, Kim Morgan, Jeffrey Sconce, Joe Bob Briggs and Errol Morris
- Twisting the Lens: The Diegetic Camera and Voyeurism in Henry, exclusive new documentary with John McNaughton, Adam Rockoff, Anna Bogutskaya and Jonathan Rigby discussing killers behind cameras
- Henry vs. MPAA: A Visual History, the story of the struggle to get Henry into North American theaters
- Henry at the BBFC with Stephen Thrower, discussing Henry's troubled history at the hands of the British censors
- John McNaughton on Henry: Portrait of a Serial Killer, exclusive new interview with John McNaughton and Stephen A. Jones, conducted at the time of Henry's UK premiere in February 1990
- Interview with John McNaughton, from 1998
- It's Either You... Or Them: An Interview with Joe Coleman, the artist behind Henry's legendary original theatrical release poster
- John McNaughton in conversation with Nigel Floyd, interview from 2003
- In the Round: A Conversation with John McNaughton, conducted by Spencer Parsons in 2016