Hopping Mad: The Mr Vampire Sequels (Region B BLU-RAY)
UK Import. Blu-Ray is Region B locked. Will only play on Multi Region players.
After the huge success of Mr Vampire, Hong Kong audiences were desperate for more vampire-hopping action and the films' producers were more than happy to oblige. A steady stream of jiangshi content was produced over the following years, and presented here are 4 of these classic titles from stunning new restorations.
In Mr Vampire II (aka Vampire Family) an archaeologist and his students unwittingly set free a family of hopping vampires who wreak havoc in 1980s Hong Kong. Mr Vampire III returns to a period setting and sees Lam Ching-ying's Taoist priest battle an evil witch (a brilliant performance by veteran actress Pauline Yuk-Wan Wong). Mr Vampire IV (aka Uncle Vampire) two feuding neighbours (a Taoist priest and a Buddhist monk) must join forces when their village is overrun by vampires. And finally in Vampire vs Vampire, Lam Ching-ying's Taoist priest finds his jiangshi-fighting knowledge is of little help when he goes up against a European vampire.
Featuring a bevy of Hong Kong legends including Lam Ching-ying, Yuen Biao, Wu Ma, Richard Ng, Yuen Wah, and many more – this collection brings together four beloved films in definitive presentations in a very special edition. Filled with screams and laughs, Eureka Classics is proud to present Hopping Mad: The Mr Vampire Sequels.
Special Features and Technical Specs:
- Mr Vampire II and Mr Vampire III presented in 1080p HD from brand new 2K restorations
- Mr Vampire IV and Vampire vs Vampire presented in 1080p HD from brand new HD restorations
- Cantonese and English audio options on all films
- Optional English Subtitles for all films, newly translated for this release
- Brand new feature length audio commentaries on Mr Vampire II and Vampire vs Vampire by Asian film expert Frank Djeng (NY Asian Film Festival)
- Brand new feature length audio commentaries on Mr Vampire III and Mr Vampire IV by action cinema experts Mike Leeder & Arne Venema
- Brand new video piece on the history and resurgent popularity of the jiangshi genre
- Reversible sleeve featuring original poster art
- A Limited Edition collector's booklet featuring new writing on the films and the Jiangshi genre by James Oliver [2000 copies]
- Limited Edition O-Card slipcase featuring new artwork by Darren Wheeling [2000 copies]