UK Import. Blu-Ray is Region Free. Should play on any Blu-Ray player.
With delirious visuals conjured by cinematographer Jaroslav Kučera (Daisies, Diamonds of the Night) and often described as 'the last film of the Czechoslovak New Wave', Juraj Herz's delirious tale of terror is a surreal phantasmagoria of dark desires and splintered minds – a twisted Czech take on What Ever Happened to Baby Jane? and Poe's 'The Black Cat'.
Based on a short story by Aleksandr Grin, (the 'Russian Poe'), Morgiana is the story of twin sisters, Klára and Viktoria who live a life of decadent opulence, somewhere in the late 19th century. Klára is charming, trusting and beautiful, whilst Viktoria is wicked, sadistic, bursting with hate and jealousy - and who hatches a terrible revenge by slowly poisoning her more popular sister. As the toxin takes hold, Klára begins to lose grip on her sanity...
Part fairy tale, part Gothic horror, Morgiana is a full-blown hallucinatory experience from the director of the chilling The Cremator, Oil Lamps and Beauty and the Beast.
- NEWLY RESTORED by the Czech National Film Archive
- An exclusive filmed interview with director Juraj Herz (2010)
- A Projection Booth audio commentary with Mike White, Kat Ellinger and Ben Buckingham
- Booklet featuring essay by Daniel Bird and Dr Ian Conrich.
- New and improved English subtitle translation.