Mystery Of Picasso, The (Previously Owned Region B BLU-RAY)
Condition: Like new. Still in shrinkwrap
Region B locked.
Henri-Georges Clouzot, best known for his classic French thriller Les Diaboliques, took on a different mystery in 1956: the creative process and the essence of an artist, namely Pablo Picasso.
Utilising transparent canvases so the camera of Claude Renoir could directly capture an artwork's creation, Picasso created 20 artworks for the film. At first, these are simple sketches in marker, but each grows in complexity until the final reel, when The Mystery of Picasso switches to a CinemaScope ratio and bursts into color.
One of the greatest documentary portraits of an artist of work, this release is accompanied by two other films of Picasso: Paul Haesaerts' BAFTA-winning A Visit to Picasso from 1949 and a charming 'home movie' by fellow artist Man Ray.
- High Definition presentation, from materials supplied by Gaumont
- Original French mono audio
- Optional English subtitles
- Visit to Picasso, Paul Haesaerts’ 1949 BAFTA-winning documentary on the painter, capturing Picasso at work in his Villauris studio
- La Garoupe, a 1937 ‘home movie’ by Man Ray, in black and white and colour, of Picasso and friends holidaying near Antibes
- Picasso, My Father, an interview with Maya Picasso
- The Mystery of Picasso Restored, a before-and-after demonstration of the restoration process
- Reversible sleeve featuring original and newly commissioned artwork by maarko phntm