Night Has A Thousand Eyes (Limited Edition Region B BLU-RAY)
UK Import. Blu-Ray Disc is Region B locked and will only play on All Region Blu-Ray players.
Edward G Robinson (The Whole Town’s Talking, Tight Spot) and John Lund (A Foreign Affair) lead the cast of this tense and disturbing thriller from director John Farrow (A Bullet Is Waiting).
When clairvoyant John (Robinson) tells wealthy heiress Jean (Gail Russell, The Uninvited) that she will die within a week, her lover, Elliot (John Lund), is sceptical, believing John to be a con artist who is only after money. But, as the foretold night arrives, Jean waits in fear for her life...
Based on a novel by Cornell Woolrich (Rear Window), Night Has a Thousand Eyes is a pioneering fusion of film noir and psychological horror.
- 2021 restoration from a 2K scan
- Original mono audio
- Audio commentary with authors and critics Glenn Kenny and Farran Smith Nehme (2023)
- Between Heaven and Earth (2023, 24 mins): writer and film programmer Tony Rayns discusses the career of director John Farrow
- Screen Directors Playhouse: ‘Night Has a Thousand Eyes’ (1948, 30 mins): radio play adaptation introduced and directed by Farrow, and starring Edward G Robinson and William Demarest, reprising their film roles
- Suspense: ‘The Man Who Thought He Was Edward G. Robinson’ (1946, 28 mins): playful original radio play tapping into Robinson’s distinctive persona, starring the man himself
- Image gallery: promotional and publicity materials
- New and improved English subtitles for the deaf and hard of hearing
- Limited edition exclusive 40-page booklet with a new essay by Jill Blake, archival interviews with actors John Lund and Gail Russell, an archival profile of screenwriter Jonathan Latimer, an overview of contemporary critical responses, and full film credits
- UK premiere on Blu-ray
- Limited edition of 3,000 copies for the UK