Night Screams (Limited Edition Slipcover 4K UHD/BLU-RAY Combo)
High school football star David has just won a four-year scholarship to the University of Oklahoma, and - with his parents away for the night - is planning to mark the occasion with a party for his buddies and girlfriend. But, as the evening’s festivities get underway at a local nightclub, two violent fugitives take refuge in the basement of David’s home. When the action moves over to David’s place, it quickly becomes clear that someone is intent on spoiling the celebration - as, one by one, the revelers get picked off and butchered in various gruesome ways. But are the stowaway crooks responsible for the carnage, or is this the work of someone even more unhinged?
The brainchild of producer/co-writer Dillis L. Hart II and starring Ron Thomas (The Karate Kid, Cobra Kai), the Wichita-lensed NIGHT SCREAMS from director Allen Plone is a late-entry slasher gem which offers up an embarrassment of inventive kills, incorporating electrified hot tubs, bodies crushed under cars, death by poisonous fumes and faces shoved into hamburger grills alongside more "standard" methods of hacking and slashing. Deemed too short by its distributor, the filmmakers added copious amounts of stock sex and violence pulled from other sources, turning an already oddball effort into a fascinating mutant film. Now, for the first time ever, Vinegar Syndrome is proud to present a reconstruction of the filmmakers’ preferred “Pre-Release” cut (alongside the standard theatrical version), all newly restored in 4K from the original camera negative, along with a brand new, feature-length documentary telling the fascinating and sometimes tumultuous tale behind the making of this regional slasher favorite.
- 3-disc Region Free Set: 4K Ultra HD / Blu-ray x2
- 4K UHD presented in High-Dynamic-Range
- Newly scanned & restored in 4K from its 35mm original camera negative
- Includes both its Pre-Release and Standard Theatrical versions
- Brand new commentary track with director Allen Plone & cinematographer Eric Anderson, moderated by special features producer Ewan Cant
- "Blood and Chopsticks: Echoes of Night Screams" (80 min) - a brand new making-of documentary featuring interviews with its cast and crew
- Introduction for the Pre-Release version with executive producer Richard Caliendo and co-writer/producer Dillis L. Hart II
- Original trailer
- Reversible sleeve artwork
- English SDH subtitles