Short Sharp Shocks (Region B BLU-RAY)
UK IMPORT BLU-RAY is Region B Locked. Will only play on ALL REGION BLU-RAY Players
The latest in the critically acclaimed BFI Flipside series continuing its ongoing mission to curate an alternative Brit-screen history of overlooked rarities in deluxe home-entertainment editions is a compelling compendium of strange, striking, thrilling, horrific, eerie and eccentric short subjects from the heyday of the British cinematic supporting programme.
This carefully-curated collection the first of its kind anywhere includes a plethora of sought-after titles, some newly remastered in HD for the very first time and showcases an eclectic range of delights spanning the second half of the 20th Century from the 1940s right through to the 1980s.
A lavish double-disc set, it comes complete with an illustrated booklet with full credits and new contextual writing on the films by devotees of the field. Expect strange, spooky stories, odd twists in the tale, imaginative low-budget weirdness and oodles of atmosphere in these juicy bite-size morsels of cult film delight from decades gone by.
Featuring the following films:
- Lock Your Door (Anthony Gilkison, 1949)
- The Reformation of St Jules (Anthony Gilkison, 1949)
- The Tell-Tale Heart (J B Williams, 1953)
- Death Was a Passenger (Theodore Zichy, 1958)
- Portrait of a Matador (Theodore Zichy, 1958)
- Twenty Nine (Brian Cummins, 1969)
- The Sex Victims (Derek Robbins, 1973)
- The Lake (Lindsey Vickers, 1978)
- The Errand (Nigel Finch, 1980)
- Man With a Movie Camera (2020, 42 mins): interview with Twenty-Nine producer Peter Shillingford
- A Crazy, Mixed-up Kid (2020, 43 mins): interview with David McGillivray, writer of The Errand
- Telling Tales / Arthur Dent and Adelphi: Films in the Family (2020, 37 mins): Kate Lees, Chair of Adelphi Films, discusses the family business and the discovery of 1953 short, The Tell-Tale Heart, long believed lost
- Almost Thirty (2020, 15 mins): interview with Renée Glynne, scrip-supervisor on Twenty Nine
- Splashing Around (2020, 15 mins): interview with Julie Peasgood, star of The Lake and House of the Long Shadows
- Image galleries for The Tell-Tale Heart, The Lake and The Errand
- Script galleries for The Lake and The Errand
- Gallery of the original short story The Errand
- Newly commissioned sleeve artwork by renowned illustrator Graham Humphreys