Short Sharp Shocks: Vol. 2 (Region B BLU-RAY)
UK IMPORT BLU-RAY is Region B Locked. Will only play on ALL REGION BLU-RAY Players
The latest in the critically acclaimed BFI Flipside series – continuing its ongoing mission to curate an alternative Brit-screen history of overlooked rarities in deluxe home-entertainment editions – is a second edition of strange, striking, thrilling, horrific, eerie and eccentric short subjects from the heyday of the British cinematic supporting programme.
Settle down for another strange cinematic journey through uncanny stories, twists in the tale, low-budget weirdness, stylish spectacle, peculiar public information, monstrous music and provocative experiment – all with oodles of atmosphere and in High Definition.
Featuring the following films:
Quiz Crime No.1 (1943, 14 mins) | Quiz Crime No.2 (1944, 19 mins) | The Three Children (1946, 3 mins) | Escape from Broadmoor (1948, 39 mins) │ Mingaloo (1958, 20 mins) | Jack the Ripper with Screaming – Lord Sutch (1961, 3 mins) | The Face of Darkness (1976, 57 mins) | The Dumb Waiter (1979, 18 mins) │ Hangman (1985, 17 mins) | The Mark of Lilith (1986, 33 mins)
- New interview with Ian F H Lloyd, writer and director of The Face of Darkness (2021)
- New interview with Bruna Fionda, Polly Gladwin and Zachary Mack-Nataf, directors of The Mark of Lilith
- New interview with the writer and director of The Dumb Waiter, Robert Bierman (2021)
- New interview with Claire Binns (2021): the Ritzy alumnus celebrates the radical history of the legendary London cinema where The Mark of Lilith was shot
- Image galleries for The Face of Darkness, The Dumb Waiter and The Mark of Lilith
- Newly commissioned sleeve artwork by renowned illustrator Graham Humphreys