Tarzan Vault Collection, The (BLU-RAY)
The famous jungle hero appears in three epic dramas: Tarzan of the Apes (1918), Adventures of Tarzan (1921), and The New Adventures of Tarzan (1935).
Edgar Rice Burroughs' hero has thrilled movie audiences since the days of the silent screen. Tarzan of the Apes (1918), with the brawny Elmo Lincoln in the title role, introduced the character to movie audiences and told the traditional tale of how the orphaned heir to the Greystoke fortune became lord of the jungle. Lincoln was so impressive that he returned in Adventures of Tarzan (1921), this time to rescue his beloved Jane from the clutches of the evil Queen La. By 1935, the public was still fascinated by the nobleman who had been raised by apes, now played by Herman Brix (AKA Bruce Bennet) in The New Adventures of Tarzan. Brix, a star shot-putter at the 1928 Olympics, needed all of his muscle to portray Tarzan in this tale of missing jewels, and explosives powerful enough to destroy the world. Here is your chance to sit back and enjoy a Tarzan trilogy guaranteed to leave you spellbound!
- Original Essays for each feature
- Original Featurette on Tarzan Comics by Ballyhoo Motion Pictures
- New Commentary Tracks for 'Tarzan of the Apes' and 'Adventures of Tarzan' features
- Introductions for each Feature by historian, Sam Sherman
- New Feature Length Documentary by Ballyhoo Motion Pictures
- Original Preserved Interview with star, Herman Brix, aka Bruce Bennett