Time Bandits (Limited Edition 4K UHD)
UK Import. 4K UHD Disc is All Region. Should play on any 4K player.
The film that established Terry Gilliam as more than just Monty Python's resident animator, this delightfully inventive children's fantasy is about young Kevin (Craig Warnock) who finds himself travelling through holes in the space-time continuum in the company of half a dozen fractious dwarfs.
Along the way, he encounters Agamemnon (Sean Connery), Robin Hood (John Cleese), Napoleon (Ian Holm) and winds up as a passenger on the Titanic, although not necessarily in that order. But is this just random entertainment laid on for history fan Kevin's benefit, or part of a wider struggle between the forces of Good (Ralph Richardson) and Evil (David Warner)?
This is a rare example of an independent British film taking on American blockbusters. Now, it's a much-loved fantasy classic bursting with inspired images and ideas: Gilliam and co-writer Michael Palin (who also appears) are clearly enjoying themselves as much as their audience.
Special Features and Technical Specs:
- 4K RESTORATION OF THE FILM
- DOLBY VISION/HDR PRESENTATION OF THE FILM
- Original uncompressed Stereo 2.0 Pcm and 5.1 Dts-HD Master Audio options
- Optional English subtitles for the deaf and hard of hearing
- Chasing Time Bandits - an interview with Terry Gilliam
- Writing the Film that Dares Not Speak Its Name - an interview in which Michael Palin discusses co-writing and acting in Time Bandits
- The Effects of Time Bandits - an interview in which Kent Houston, founder of the Peerless Camera Company, discusses Time Bandits' optical effects
- Playing Evil - an interview in which actor David Warner remembers producer George Harrison and playing Evil in Time Bandits
- The Costumes of Time Bandits - an interview with costume designer James Acheson
- The Look of Time Bandits - an interview with production designer Milly Burns
- From Script to Screen - an animated featurette in which Milly Burns takes us through her production notebooks, location photographs and storyboards revealing how twentieth century Morocco was transformed into ancient Greece
- Original Trailer
- Double-sided fold-out poster featuring original theatrical artwork and a recreation of the map seen in the film
- Illustrated collector's booklet featuring writing on the film by critic James Oliver